venerdì 6 ottobre 2017

Pulidores De Tumbas

I didn't want to buy this record at first. Their debut ep was good fast hardcore but nothing far away from your average hardcore band. Plus, I was scared that they turned "goth" like most of the mexican hardcore outputs of the last two years. And both artwork and title presumed that everything went exactly in that direction. But since it was released by SPHC, basically the only modern label that's releasing new bands I care about, I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did it since this is a huge improvement compared to "juvetud descerebrada". Sacrificio debut full length "pulidores de tumbas" has a perfect recording: everything is balanced smoothly so you can hear distinctly every instrument. The songwriting has improved a lot compared to the ep. It's an awesome riff after another. Like for Tercer Mundo, the only other modern mexican band I'd dare to compare to Sacrificio, they didn't rip off the classic mexican hc sound. They created their own style which is always a nice touch in an era where hc/punk has became an endless repetition of the usual boring clichés of the genre. I don't think I've heard another 2017 hardcore release that sounds so fresh without upsetting the rules of the game. A serious contender for the best lp of the year if you ask me.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento