venerdì 21 luglio 2017

888 Noise

There's no informations at all in the Control/Exithippies split 7" released by Paank Lyvet earlier this years. No song titles, no band logos on the cover. Nothing. Which is quite annoying. That being said, I'm glad that Control from Fukuoka are back! I'm pretty sure you've heard endless bands being compared to Confuse. Usually, most of this stuff is just utter crap. But Control is perhaps the band that nailed their city mates legendary sounds perfectly. 6 years has passed since their split with Stagnation and "live to distroy public places" ep came out. But I'm happy to say that their sound didn't evolve at all. Pure Confuse worship perfectly executed from the start to the end. Nothing more, nothing less. While the noisepunk trend faded away few years ago, these guys kept doing their own thing, not caring if it's hyped or not. One of the best band outta japan right now. On the other side, Exithippies. An unique band that usually leave me speechless. I like them when they play noisepunk, but I don't get it when they mix it with techno/electronic music. We tried to do something similar with my grind band in the mid/late 90s. It doesn't work, simply. Well, there's tons of people praising this band so maybe it's simple my problem. But if you want my 2 cents, this ep is worth for the Confuse, ooops, I meant Control side only.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento