giovedì 2 aprile 2015

Euthanize Me

One of the most anticipated album of the last year (well, at least for me) was the Wetbrain "s/t" debut lp on Painkiller. I was totally sure that this was gonna rule that I even put it on my end of the year list even before actually listening to it. The more I played their 2012 demo, the more I got excited about this upcoming debut. Of course it's release date has been delayed for a few months. Then it seems like no euro distros was carrying copies and there was no way that I was going to pay overseas shipping. When I've finally found one that had it, it never showed up. After waiting for a month and a half, I gave up and ordered another copy. Luckily this time it took only 4 days to arrive here. Well, I can assure you that the wait was worth it and all my expectations were even exceeded. Featuring some of the usual clevo suspects (including Larry Darvocets with his trademark vocals style), this is more KBD oriented hardcore that sounds like a more straight forward version of, duh, Darvocets. Even lyrically it's full of sci-fi movies, mind control and time travel references that cannot not bring to mind a comparsion with the mighty Darvocets. If you were disappointed like me by Folded Shirt, Wetbrain are the answer to your unholy prayers. Half of the tracks are from the demo, the rest is new material. Cleveland confirms again to have the best and most solid scene in the whole US of A.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento