lunedì 17 giugno 2013

Chainsaw Mayhem

When I started to get resigned that I won't ever listen to new Death Dust Extractor material again, out of nowhere "Chainsaw Mayhem" suddenly appeared on distros. Never heard about it until it was available which is quite weird in these days. Anyhow, Vox Populi Records outta japan put this out and it was about fuckin'time!! Limited to 888 copies, act fast if you want a copy. I've heard people calling DDE a "stenchcore" band. I'm too old and out of touch to give a shit about every useless sub-subgenre definition. To me this is a perfect blend of grind and crust that cannot not bring to mind later 80s' UK bands like Sore Throat, Doom & the likes. All filtered via the last generation of japanese noisy hardcore/punk. Excellent stuff. Nothing too different from their Crust War debut ep "slay your masters or slave in chains" which is exactly what I needed.
I know it's hard to believe, but the packaging is even more minimal than on their previous ep! Just a stamped dust sleeve with tunes titles, a small sticker on upper right corner of the polybag with essential infos and a sticker. No insert, no lyrics or photos. But I have to admit that it looks pretty nice.
I don't care about band shirts but I want this one badly so get in touch if you can help in any way!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento